Friday, February 6, 2009
Thank God that's done
This quilt was an exercise in all the things I find so frustrating about quilting and sewing, the main one being rotary cutting. Even though the strips for the blocks were all from badly cut jelly rolls, I had to cut the sashing and borders myself. Everything is crooked, wavy, and just generally off kilter. I added 6 inches to each side, but the proportions are still off. I would have needed more like 12 inches to make it more proportional, but that seemed excessive.
But I do like the bright colors offset by the deep blue. I am glad, however, to be moving on to another project.