Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why it's a good idea to have a manual camera around the house

Yesterday, before I was called to come rescue my daughter from the perils of Throat Loogies, I grabbed a couple plastic bins that were on sale at the grocery store. I have been intending to work on organizing my sewing area (and yes, the loosely phrased "intending to work on" is very, very accurate here) and have been thinking that perhaps I should start organizing my scraps. Seeing as how I have several metric tons, even though I've only made 4 complete quilts, plus a few more quilt tops, in my short career as a quilter.

My first task was to use one of the bins for all the weird jelly rolls I got on eBay so long ago (they turned into this quilt and then the rest of them sat in the bottom of my scrap box until yesterday). I had already pulled out some of them over the weekend to make this:



But brightly colored strips of fabric all in one handy bin only serves to turn my children into magpies. Last night, the bin was closed.

This morning:









I will, no doubt, be finding these for weeks.

But, hey, guess what? I was taking a picture of my shelves:



to contrast with the shelves I am going to steal from my husband becasue he has not utilized them to my satisfaction:



and I thought I should probably move that big, ugly box:



Hey! What's that on the floor?



I'm guessing it was trying to hide until I had cleaned my damn house.

7 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

progress

JustCindy said...

Love the bock! What measurements did you use?

quiltaholic said...

ROFL! I have 2 cameras too - not only do I need to clean the house, but I am notoriously forgetful and will ALWAYS forget where one of them is at any given moment. I feel your pain!

Joy said...

I need a phone ~ or some sort of homing device ~ on my camera so that I can ring it every time I lose it .... which is often.
Love the block ... you better hurry up and make the rest before the tinies abscond with the rest of your strips!!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Vicki said...

that happens to me all the time. Not with my camera (yet), but I lose stuff. I find it, when cleaning, later on. I still haven't found the pieces for the pajama pants I was going to make my baby girl for Christmas eve. No idea on that one.

Caren @ The Attic Studio said...

that's awesome. thanks for the laugh this morning! This happens to me all the time, btw.

Helen said...

You deserve a BIG ASS hug. Here comes mine to hug you!

Hugs