Thursday, October 9, 2008

The package arrived

I found a huge box on my front stoop this afternoon after I put the baby to bed, and immediately ripped it open. My first quilts have been utterly transformed:




The pictures don't really do them justice, particularly since a huge part of the transformation from sloppily sewn quilt tops to actual quilts is the feel of the batting, the pucker of the stitching holding it all together. Every time I touch them I get a little weepy. Of course, I haven't started the binding yet - those will be copious tears, my friends.

But that wasn't all that was in the box. She added other I-work-in-a-quilt-store-and-can-get-stuff-half-price goodies:






AND there was a ruler, some "patchwork" pins, and a thread count estimator. All of which were apparently a late birthday gift.

4 comments:

Carol said...

They look beautiful Megan. What a difference quilting makes. They were very pretty to begin with but now they are awesome. Glad you are happy with them.

KateKwiltz said...

The quilts look great! And have fun with all your presents!

Anonymous said...

They look great and you inspired me to drop off my first quilt-made-from-a-quilt-pattern (sort of) to the quilting lady today. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sherry said...

The quilts look great, happy binding. :) Enjoy all your goodies.