Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'd like to thank my agent, my publicist, and my team of lawyers

Molly from Molly's Place has bestowed the coveted Primitive Excellence Award upon this humble blog! I immediately consulted The Google to find out just exactly what this entails; you know - where the ceremony will be held, when my check arrives, etc. Turns out I made that fitting appointment with Karl Lagerfeld a little too soon, though, truth be told, he sounded a tad relieved when I had to cancel ("Oh zank GOD. I do NOT zink zey MAKE fabreek BEEG enough for - "click).

I actually tried, without success, to find the origins of the (coveted) Primitive Excellence Award. Google was no help - at least in the two minutes I spent searching. If someone receives one, he or she is then obligated to pass the award on to 7 more bloggers and link to those blogs, thus giving publicity to some well-deserving, if little-known, crafter/writers. I figured maybe I could trace an award backwards, link by link, until I found the source, but I'd always get blocked by the inevitable blogger who can't make links, and who just says "Sue gave me an award." Like I know who the hell Sue is.

What I did glean from my research is that the award is supposed to be given to people who are involved in primitive-style arts and crafts, not necessarily people who simply craft as well as a primitive creature would. And since I'm not exactly into the whole primitive scene (though it is a valid lifestyle choice), I'd be hard-pressed to come up with 7 blogs to honor. In fact, I'm so new to this blogging thing, I don't think I could come up with 7 blogs, period.

So, I've decided to create a new award. Something to honor any blogger who crafts, sews, quilts - you know, makes stuff - no matter how crappy (or how good). A way to say - I like your blog, like your stuff, and I'm pretty sure you have a good sense of humor. So, without further ado, I present the (coveted) I Love Your Ugly Mug Award:



Now, all the lovely people whom I have had the pleasure to meet through this humble blog are all very talented and not the least bit ugly, but I am sure they will all take this award in the spirit intended. As with the Primitive Excellence Award, the recipients are compelled to pass it on - BUT you only have to pick 3 people to give it to. And the first I Love Your Ugly Mug Awards go to...

Molly from Molly's Place
Myra from Tactile Pleasures in Fabric
Melissa from Cornbread and Beans Quilting
Kate from KateKwiltz
Linda from Just A Quiet Place to Be
Carol from Love to Quilt

I'll post a smaller size of the pic as well - but remember to pass it on! I'm totally jonesing to start a new blog award trend!

Let me know if you need any help grabbing the pics!

9 comments:

Linda said...

You are just too funny! THank you for bringing a smile to my face & a belly laugh that might help me lose the 50 pounds I need to lose! :D Love your Ugly Mug 2! Thank you for the award!
Linda

Linda said...

I have spent over an hour trying to figure out how you did the linking thing!! LOL Ready to throw the puter out the window! :D
I used this page: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42028 but it keeps telling me that I have http errors :( Will try again tomorrow. Hoping there is an easy way that I just can't figure out! LOL
Linda

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

OK Bitchy Stitcher--To tell you the truth I was a little bitchy about winning that Primitive Award myself, but did not go to the trouble to "try" to do the research to see where it originated, but instead I decided that maybe it did not mean primitive, a style, but primitive in that I am primitive in my style of blogging LOL Anyway--I gave you the award as I had run across your blog and just the name, truly gave me respect for you. Anyone who will annouce that they are "Bitchy" deserves some award. I appreciate your reciprocating an honor to me and I will try NOT to be bitchy about it LOL I mean--No I won't--try not to be bitchy, that is---I will be bitchy in your honor--LOL THANKS--Molly

KateKwiltz said...

Love your ugly mug, too!
Thanks...I think! :)

Megan said...

It's all meant in good fun - glad no one seems insulted yet.

I just loved the idea that these awards probably started in just this way, but I can't resist doing something without my tongue in my cheek.

Myra said...

Still chuckling about this Megan! 8-)
Thanks!
I look forward to getting to know you better through our blogging... 8-)
Happy stitchings, and hope you are feeling better!

Carol said...

Oh thank you, thank you Megan. You like me, you really like me. lol

So sweetie are we lucky recipients supposed to put the little cutie on our blogs? I am willing if I knew how. Maybe I can figure that out eventually.

Hugs to you.

Carol said...

Ok got it figured out and flying it proudly on my blog.

Brenda said...

Well I just received one of your coveted I Love My Ugly Mug Award and love it; thanks for thinking of a "no need to be a perfect at anything award". I love it!