Sunday, January 4, 2009

or for a Dr. Pepper and some sausage

On Saturday, I was seized with a fit of organization. It started when we took down the Christmas decorations and I discovered that, in the time the decorations had been up, the storage room had become overrun with boxes and trash. Once I cleaned that out, I tackled my computer, and began backing up all my important files onto DVD. While the DVDs burned, I worked on my fabric.

My fabric acquisitions have been somewhat haphazard, and so now I have these random patterns and colors that in twos or threes would work in, say, a handbag, but which would never come together for an entire quilt. I love the idea that I could someday just grab a bunch of fabrics that I already have on hand and plan a quilt with them, but it will be a while before I get to that point.





Then, among the scraps and fat quarters and yardage, I came across those abandoned Bento Box squares, and I decided it was high time we had a sushi pillow around here.



And now, before my cranky, moody two-year-old daughter wakes up from her nap, I shall take my own little snooze here on the couch and hope that my pillow gives me sushi dreams ('cause I'd sell that kid for a rainbow roll right about now).

No comments: