Tuesday, November 3, 2009

For sale - cheap

For sale: one small demon. Answers to the name of Devon, as well as BooBoo (when she's being a baby), FiFi (when she's in the form of a kitty cat), Movie Stah (and yes, its "Stah," not "Star"), and Peerpipe (when she's a doggie. I have no idea.). Excels at screeching, screaming, throwing things, and saying, "No." Will deny the sun is shining on a beautiful day or that it is raining during a downpour. Refuses to change clothes, wear a jacket, eat food, take a nap, go to bed, take a bath, or sit on a potty. Impervious to all forms of bribery, cajoling, tricks and any parenting "techniques" you might read about online or in a book. Survives on milk and Goldfish crackers. Occasionally will smile or sit in your lap to read "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus." Ten cents or best offer.

She's the one one the left.

9 comments:

Kathlee, Troon, Scotland said...

HA! I've got one of those too - no thanks to having another one! I am managing quite well with threatening to leave her behind when she wont come with me, although I appreciate that wont work on all children/awkward little tykes....

Kathleen, Troon, Scotland said...

cant even spell my own name, it's the stress...

Lynn E said...

Well as long as she doesn't drink Ketchup you should keep her. When she starts drinking Ketchup with a straw forget it your lost.

Helen said...

How could you say such things?!!

I see a halo glowing just above her head. Such an angelic child. I don't believe she would be obstinate!!!

She's a doll. Hold on to her!

Hugs

Leah said...

Would you be willing to trade?

I'll take your demon child if you take mine.

J's latest is complete and total deafness to all words like No!, stop that!, watch out!, and Slow down!

Hence the growing number of bumps and bruises.

Maybe a girl would be easier???

Leah

Anonymous said...

I've got two that will still deny the sun is shinning on a glorious day. One is 49 the other 46 ....sorry, some just never out grow the need to have it their way !

HRH Gigi said...

Hmmm. Mimi, how are you related to Demon Child? We mom's of 'angelic' children can sniff these things out.

They say it doesn't last, right? And who is they anyhow?

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

I will take her. She will give my son a run for his money...I can then start my toddler WWF wrestling empire that I have been planning so that I can make millions taking bets in Vegas...hey, a million could buy a LOT of fabric...and chocolate.

Patty said...

You think it's bad now, just wait til she is a teenager! Sorry to scare you like that, but you are now warned.