Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dude, I need to go "destash"

After finishing the two bags, I am down to remnants in my fabric box (I know you're supposed to call it your "stash," but that, to me, still suggests a hidden cache of pot. NOT that I would know anything about that, of course). I suppose I could whip up some wallets or something to go with the handbags, but right now, I've got purse fever and no pill's gonna cure my ill - just more bags! I've been trolling the various online fabric stores, searching for my next inspiration, and eventually, after endless minutes in front of the computer (my day's kinda full) it all starts to blend, an endless sea of cotton.

I had purchased the sushi prints from eQuilter.com - a great store for its vast selection. I placed the order Sunday evening and it was shipped on Wednesday, arriving via Priority Mail on Friday. This time, I'm going with an Etsy store, Fabricworm. She carries great sets of fabric that you can buy in half-yard sets, or yard sets, or fat quarters - or just yardage of individual fabrics. And the thing I love about Etsy stores is that they usually ship that day, so I expect to have my new fabric as early as tomorrow. Oh, and here's what I got:



They're from the Erin McMorris Park Slope collection. Can't wait to get started and I think this is what I'll make:


(Update: this pattern can be purchased here.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go clean up the eggs that my husband has been throwing at the TV screen tonight.

2 comments:

KateKwiltz said...

Love the bag! Where'd you find the pattern?

Myra said...

LOL! Stash! LOL!
Great fabric choices! Lovely bag!
Eggs/TV? Hmmmmm?